Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad

Today would have been my parents’ 43rd wedding anniversary. May 6th always started the present-palooza for my mother.  She made it clear that she didn't want just one present for her anniversary, birthday and mother’s day.  No.  She demanded a separate present for each occasion.

I never really saw my parents as a romantic couple.  Mostly because, eww. Gross.  They’re my parents.  That and they weren't overly mushy. They did spend a lot of time together and had shared interests like flea markets, garage sales and auctions.  They enjoyed going antiquing for fishing paraphernalia.


My mother never left my father’s side when he was dying. They didn’t need to be overly affectionate for me to know that they were in love. She had no intention of remarrying after he passed away.  He was the one man for her. He said he liked her because she wasn’t like any other woman he had ever met.  She was truly a one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment