Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fundraising for the 2013 MS Walk

It's time again for another MS Walk in Corvallis, Oregon.  I'm kind of a big deal now and am a part of the team that organizes the event in Corvallis.  Currently I am trying to find a speaker for the walk.  OSU Baseball coach Pat Casey would be an excellent choice since his sister has MS, but he has a game that day.  Craig Robinson, Basketball coach and First Brother-in-law, would also be a great choice since his father had MS.  He's traveling to recruit that weekend.  OSU President Ray has no link that I know of to the disease, unless you count one of his employees, me.  He is a great speaker and a super nice guy.  I'd like for him to speak.

Not only do I look for speakers, but I am one myself.  At the Corvallis MS Walk VIP Party, I will be addressing the crowd on what I do to motivate my teammates.  Shame.  That's how I motivate them. I also bribe them.

How do I juggle all these responsibilities AND raise cold hard cash for the event?  I have no idea, but I do it. It's just over a month away and I have some funds to raise.  I do NOT want that sniveling brat in Portland to beat me AGAIN this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment