Thursday, April 5, 2012

DeFazio

DeFazio responded to my letter that I wrote about the NIH and CDMRP.  It's probably not personal, but I'm glad I got a response


Dear Ms. Wells:
 
Thank you for contacting me in support of funding the National Institute of Health (NIH).  I appreciate hearing from you and I am in complete agreement. 
 
During my entire time in Congress I have always fought for proper levels of NIH funding.  Most recently I joined Representative Markey in sending a letter to the appropriations committee insisting that the NIH be adequately funded at a level of at least $32 billion in any final budget bill this year. 
 
You can be sure that during the continuing budget debates this year I will continue to fight for the preservation of common-sense programs like NIH research.  Thanks again for writing and please keep in touch.  
 
 

Sincerely,
Rep. Peter DeFazio
Fourth District, OREGON

No comments:

Post a Comment